This is a very colourful red cabbage salad with a nice and tangy beetroot dressing.
Beetroot and Red Cabbage Slaw
- 6½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 spring onions, cut diagonally
- ½ small red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 8 red radishes, julienned
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium-sized beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons Dill Pickle Relish
- Heat 2 tablesppoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a fryingpan over medium-high heat. Add the grated beetroot, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring every now and then until tender (about 4 - 5 minutes).
- Transfer the beetroot to a bowl and allow cool. Add the Dijon mustard and vinegar to the beetroot.
- Whisk in the remaining extra-virgin olive oil slowly with a steady stream.
- Add the fresh dill, radishes, shredded red cabbage, sliced spring onions and dill pickle relish.
- Toss to combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.