A simple creamy cabbage side dish that goes well with just about anything. With the creamy base and a touch of spiciness from pimientos, even the most fussy of eaters will want their share.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 420 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 60 g jar chopped pimientos, drained (see substitutes)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine cabbage, onion, water, and ½ teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover and allow to boil 10 minutes; drain off excess water.
- Add soup, milk, remaining salt, the black pepper, and pimientos; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.