Green Beans Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
These firm cooked green beans with a lemony dressing are the perfect side dish for a fish meal. Try them with a poached fish fillet and mashed potatoes for a quick and easy healthy meal.
- 450 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 anchovies fillets, drained, finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare a water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice water.
- Add green beans to the boiling water until cooked but still firm (about 4 minutes).
- Drain and place cooked green beans into ice water until cool. Drain and shake off any excess water.
- In a medium nonreactive bowl, thoroughly mix olive oil, juice, zest, and anchovies; season well with salt and pepper.
- Add green beans, shallot, olives, and parsley, and mix well; taste, adjust seasoning as needed.
Salad can be served straight away, however it benefits from sitting for an hour to allow the flavours to blend.