Cooked carrots, hard-boiled eggs, and olives are combined with olive oil and spices to make a delightfully spicy side dish.
Houria - Tunisian Spicy Cooked Carrot Salad
- 450 g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- harissa, to taste
- 12 - 15 kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Cook the carrots until they are firm-tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a medium-sized serving bowl.
- Add the parsley, caraway, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, capers, salt, pepper, and harissa, stir well to blend.
- To serve, stir in the chopped olives, and garnish with sliced eggs. Serve cold or at room temperature.