This creamy blue cheese dressing adds a tangy flavour to your lettuce salad and can also double up as a dip for fresh vegetable sticks such as carrots or celery.
Lettuce with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- ¾ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 115 g crumbled blue cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, trimmed and chilled
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon juice, and thyme in a bowl then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the crumbled blue cheese.
- Cut iceberg lettuce into wedges and drizzle with dressing.
Dressing may be stored, refrigerated in a covered container, for up to 3 days.