Fresh crisp cucumbers, yellow capsicum and spring onion give a perfect crunch to this risoni pasta salad, with a dash of dill and lemon to top it off.
Risoni Pasta and Cucumber Salad
- ¾ cup risoni pasta, cooked and drained (2 cups cooked)
- ½ medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 medium spring onion, sliced
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Blend all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to combine
- Spoon onto lettuce leaf cups for serving.
Small sliced button mushrooms add a hearty flavour, or can be left out for a cleaner, crisp dish.