Try these roasted green beans and white onions, sprinkled with pancetta, for a tasty Italian flavoured side dish.
Roasted Green Beans with White Onions and Pancetta
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Roasted Vegetables
- 115 g thinly sliced pancetta, chopped (or bacon slices)
- 900 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C. In 20 cm nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Reserve drippings.
- In a 32 x 44 x 2.5 cm half-sheet pan, toss the green beans, white onion, olive oil, salt, pepper and reserved drippings.
- Roast uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring twice, or until beans are tender.
- Sprinkle with the pancetta and serve.