A combination of Brussels sprouts and green beans quickly stir-fried in a hot wok with lemon juice and pine nuts make for a vibrant side dish to complement any meal.
Stir-fried Brussels Sprouts with Beans, Lemon, and Pine Nuts
- 600 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 600 g green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Cook the Brussels sprouts and beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan. When hot, add the lemon zest and pine nuts. Cook for a couple of seconds, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the sprouts colour a little.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.