This is a light salad using avocado, tomatoes, and red onions. Give it a little bite with torn fresh coriander leaves and you have a delicious side dish for barbecued meats or fish.
Tomato and Avocado Salad
- 2 ripe avocado, cut into 12 slices (lengthwise)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 - 4 medium tomatoes, seeds remove,chopped ,
- ¼ - ½ cup washed fresh parsley or coriander leaves,torn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Cut avocado lengthwise peel skin off, arrange on platter.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, red onion slices and parsley or coriander leaves.
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.