Most of the traditional coleslaw ingredients are moved aside in this recipe and replaced with the fresh flavours of mini cabbage, Packham pears, and fennel. Add a creamy white dressing and you have an exciting side dish.
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely shaved
- 1 mini savoy or drumhead cabbage, finely shaved
- 1 large firm Packham pear, cored, quartered & thinly sliced (any other green pear is suitable)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves torn
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place fennel, cabbage, pear and torn parsley leaves in a large serving dish and toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over and season to taste.
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Combine all the ingredients in a screw-top jar. Season, then seal and shake to combine.
Add 200g shaved Parmesan to the slaw if using this alternative dressing