White Coleslaw with Sour Cream Dressing
Most of the traditional coleslaw ingredients are moved aside in this recipe and replaced with the fresh flavours of mini cabbage, Packham pears, and fennel. Add a creamy white dressing and you have an exciting side dish.
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely shaved
- 1 mini savoy or drumhead cabbage, finely shaved
- 1 large firm Packham pear, cored, quartered & thinly sliced (any other green pear is suitable)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves torn
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place fennel, cabbage, pear and torn parsley leaves in a large serving dish and toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over and season to taste.
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Combine all the ingredients in a screw-top jar. Season, then seal and shake to combine.
Add 200g shaved Parmesan to the slaw if using this alternative dressing