This amazing snack treat lets you enjoy the sweet, with a touch of spicy, flavours without having to choose between the two. These nuts are very easy to make and they go very fast.
Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 egg white, beaten slightly
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cashews, pecans, and peanuts. Add egg white and toss to coat nuts evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and ground red pepper; mix well then add to nut mixture. Stir until nuts are well coated then spread nuts onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Let cool.
- Mix dried cranberries into nuts; serve immediately, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.