Iced Coconut Soup is a traditional Cayman Island recipe for a classic chilled soup of coconut milk and chicken stock flavoured with curry powder.
Caribbean Iced Coconut Soup
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 x 400g cans coconut milk, unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 dash curry powder, to taste
- 1 honeydew melon, quartered, seeded, rind removed, each piece sliced again
- Put all ingredients in a blender and combine well.
- Cover and chill soup in the refrigerator
- Serve with 2 slices of cold honeydew melon per bowl.