Fa Sung Woo is another sweet soup made of peanuts that is traditionally served as a snack in China. This soup is considered nutritious, but very rich and so should not be eaten to excess.
- ¾ cup raw peanuts, skinned
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- ½ cup rice flour (not glutinous rice flour)
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add peanuts and stir for 30 seconds; reduce heat to medium and continue roasting for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden. Remove from heat to cool.
- Bring the peanuts in a food processor until the consistency of peanut butter. Add the sugar and process again.
- Mix the rice flour and 1 cup of cold water, whisking until smooth. Add the peanuts and 1 cup of water and whisk again. Add the remaining water and bring to a boil stirring constantly until the soup thickens.