Advieh or adwiya (Persian: ادویه) is a spice mixture used in Persian cuisine and Mesopotamian cuisine. It is used in rice dishes, as well as in chicken and bean dishes. Although its specific composition varies from the Persian Gulf to the Caspian Sea, common ingredients include turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, rose petals or rose buds, cumin, and ginger. It may also include ground golpar, saffron, nutmeg, black pepper, mace, coriander, or sesame.
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Thoroughly mix the ground spices and the rose petals. Larger quantities can also be mixed and stored in an airtight container.