Pumpkin pie spice is an American spice mix commonly used as an ingredient in pumpkin pie, similar to Mixed Spice. It is generally a blend of powdered cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and sometimes allspice. It can also be used as a seasoning in general cooking.
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon,
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Store the mixture in a clean small jar or spice container.