Apple-Pecan Poultry Stuffing
This great-tasting apple and pecan poultry stuffing may be used as a side dish, or to fill the bird. Apples lend a note of sweetness to this stuffing, while pecans add a pleasing crunch.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 8 slices soft white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sauté chopped onion and celery in the butter.
- In a large bowl combine the onion mixture with the bread, apple and pecans.
- Beat together the chicken stock, egg, sage, salt and pepper; add to the bread mixture, mixing in gently.