This is a delightfully fresh lemony stuffing with a pairing of tarragon or any other fresh herb you choose to try.
- 60 g butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 175 g short-cut rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the onions, garlic, and bacon in butter for about 10 minutes or until cooked and onions are translucent. Place into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Season as required
- Stuff and truss chicken and cook as directed.
For a nice garnish you can sprinkle the chicken with loose tarragon leaves 15 minutes prior to the end of cooking.