Asparagus and Rice Bake
This Asparagus and Rice Bake is creamy, cheesy, and full of fresh asparagus and tastes rich enough to serve when you've got company coming over.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Casserole
Serves: Serves 8
- 450 g fresh asparagus, cleaned, trimmed, and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Tasty cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Coat a 20-cm-square baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine rice, salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, sour cream, milk, and 1½ cups of cheese.
- Spoon half of rice mixture into prepared baking pan. Arrange three-quarters of asparagus on top, then spoon remaining rice mixture over asparagus. Top with remaining asparagus.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake and additional 5 minutes.