Maple and Walnut Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted butternut squash and Brussels sprouts are given a boost with walnuts and dried cranberries. The addition of ground cinnamon and maple syrup make this side dish really stand out.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: Serves 6 - 8
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 700 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 450 g fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2½ tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl, combine oil, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add squash and Brussels sprouts and toss until evenly coated. Place vegetable mixture on baking sheets.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
- Place on a large platter, then sprinkle with walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle with syrup and toss gently. Serve immediately.