Chargrilled Marinated Capsicums
Quick and easy to prepare and cook, these homemade char grilled capsicums taste sensational
- 1 kg red capsicum
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup sprigs of fresh thyme and/or oregano
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to high
- Remove membrane and seeds from capsicums, cut into quarters or slices and flatten so they cook evenly
- Place the first batch onto an oven tray and cook until blackened and skin starts to blister
- Remove capsicum from grill and place into plastic bag and twist the top of the bag to close.
- Leave it in the plastic bag for 5 minutes to steam so the skin is easier to remove.
- Repeat with remaining capsicums
- Remove the capsicum from the bags and peel off the skin.
- Slice capsicum into long strips and place into sterilised jars with the garlic and herbs.
- Combine and mix thoroughly the oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper in a container
- Pour over your jars of capsicum and seal.
If the oil solution doesn’t cover all of the capsicum, add more oil to the jars.