How To Roast Red Peppers (Capsicum - Bell Peppers)
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: How To
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 large red capsicums (bell peppers)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 260°C.
- Place the whole capsicums on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
- Remove the stem from each pepper and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds and place the peppers in a bowl along with any juices that have collected.
- Discard the stems, peels, and seeds. Pour the oil over the peppers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.