Baby carrots are given a flavour boost during roasting with the addition of honey and thyme (or try a different herb or spice to suit your meal).
Sweet Roast Baby Carrots
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Roast Vegetables
- 800 g baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar,firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and honey in bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Place carrots and water into ungreased 33 x 23cm glass baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until carrots are slightly softened.
- Increase oven temperature to 230°C. Remove aluminium foil; stir in honey mixture.
- Continue baking, uncovered, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are glazed and just begin to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.