Summer always brings an overabundance of cucumbers. Here’s a refreshing cold green cucumber soup recipe for those hot days.
Creamy Cucumber Soup with Mint
Summer always brings an overabundance of cucumbers. Here's a refreshing cold green cucumber soup recipe for those hot days
- 1 large hard-boiled egg yolk
- ¾ tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ cup chilled sour cream
- 1 chilled seedless cucumber - (about 450 g), peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, cut 1cm pieces
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, washed, spun dry
- ½ cup chilled well-shaken buttermilk
- salt, to taste
- In a bowl with a fork mash together yolk and vinegar to form a smooth paste and stir in sour cream until smooth.
- In a blender puree cucumber and mint with buttermilk and salt to taste until smooth.
- Add puree to sour cream mixture in a stream, whisking.
- Divide soup between 2 chilled bowls.