Pea, Lentil, and Bean Salad
This healthy salad is a great way to start using lentils. It is very quick and easy to make and sure to please even the fussiest eater.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 cup French-style lentils
- 4 cups water
- 200 g trimmed fresh green beans
- 200 g trimmed fresh sugar-snap peas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, for seasoning
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped mint, optional, for garnish
- Place lentils and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook green beans in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 2 minutes. Add sugar-snap peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup frozen peas. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain. Place in iced water for 5 minutes. Drain and combine with lentils and 1 finely chopped red onion.
- Whisk olive oil with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently through salad.
- Scatter over coarsely chopped mint. Serve.