BBQ'd Potato and Vegetable Skewers with Lemon Herb Drizzle
The perfect mix of potatoes, sausage and your favourite summer veggies, these kebabs are great for a savoury starter or nutritious entrée at your next outdoor get-together.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: BBQ
For the skewers
- 500 g potatoes (any variety), scrubbed
- 350 g chicken sausage
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 2 cm wheels
- 1 zucchini, sliced 5 mm thick on the diagonal
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
For lemon herb drizzle
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, marjoram and sage)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pre-cook the chicken sausages and then , when cool, slice 5mm thick on the diagonal
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan until very hot; remove from heat and stir in garlic.
- Let cool, then stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. (If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent.)
- Microwave on high for 10 - 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave). Carefully remove from microwave.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks. Thread potatoes, sausage and vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove from barbecue grill and place on a platter; drizzle with remaining herb mixture.