This salad of firm cooked red potatoes combined with the zing of creole seasoning and mustard, then coated with a delicious dressing, is a great side dish at any barbecue or family dinner.
Creole Mustard Potato Salad
Author: The Cook
Cuisine: Louisiana Cuisine
Recipe type: Potato Salad
Serves: 6 Servings
- Add potatoes to lightly salted water in a medium-sized pot, cover, bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer about 20 minute or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and cut into 2cm chunks.
- Combine the creole mustard and creole seasoning in a medium sized bowl; add the warm potatoes and gently toss to combine.
- Toss in green capsicum, spring onion and bacon bits.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and sugar, then pour over the potato - vegetable mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and parsley (if desired, optional).
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow the flavours to blend before serving.