This potato salad recipe is a simple dish that can be served hot or cold for lunch or as an accompaniment to the main course.
- 600 g potatoes
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 - 2 sprigs parsley (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash the potatoes and place in a pot. Cover with 2 cm of cold water and add a teaspoon of salt. Cook for 25-30 minutes from the time of boiling. They should be sufficiently cooked but not mushy.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and allow to cool. Once cool, peel, and cut into chunks or thin slices and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise over the cooled potatoes, sprinkle with parsley and mix gently. Serve on plates and garnish (optional) with parsley leaves.
You can replace the homemade mayonnaise with commercial mayonnaise but the flavour of the salad is not the same.