These crisp, fluffy baked potatoes are topped with cheese, smoked salmon and capers for an exquisite snack or accompanying a main meal
Jacket Potatoes with Salmon and Capers
- 50 g light soft cheese (Camembert is a good choice)
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 hot-smoked salmon fillet
- 1 heaped teaspoon capers
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 baking potato
- Heat oven to 220°C
- Rub a little oil and seasoning over the potatoes, then bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes. Turn down the oven to 190°C and bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes more until the flesh is tender and the skin crisp and golden.
- To serve, slice a cross in the centre, squeeze the base to "pop" the top, then add the salmon-capers filling or choose your favourite filling.
- For the salmon and soft cheese filling, mix 50 g light soft cheese with a squeeze lemon juice and seasoning. Pile into a jacket potato and flake 1 hot-smoked salmon fillet on top. Sprinkle with 1 heaped teaspoon capers and a little lemon zest.
For a quicker option, prick a potato with a fork. Wrap in a sheet of kitchen paper and microwave on High for 8-10 minutes until soft inside. For crisp skin, rub with a little oil, then flash under a hot grill, turning often.