Omeleta me Patates - Greek Potato Omelette
A pie-like omelette, this is a great way to use leftover fried potatoes (just warm them in a little oil in a frying pan). Otherwise, make it with fresh fries and feta cheese, for a delicious meal. Add a crisp green salad, Greek olives, crusty bread and it's a great brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Omelettes
- 500 g freshly made, lightly salted fried potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 g crumbled feta cheese
- 3 eggs plus 1 tablespoon of water, beaten with a fork
- In an 22 cm nonstick frying pan, add oil, potatoes, feta cheese, and eggs. Cook for 5-8 minutes, turning a couple of times, until nicely browned on both sides.
- To turn: Run a spatula under the sides and bottom of the omelette to loosen. Put a plate over the top of the pan and turn the omelet out onto the plate. Slide the omelette back into the pan to cook the other side.