Your normal Spanish Tortilla is full of potato; the addition of broccoli in this tortilla adds extra colour and texture and makes for a lighter meal.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 g waxy potatoes (eg Pink Eye), peeled, finely chopped
- 300 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a deep 25 cm non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain off most of the oil, add broccoli, cover and cook for 6 minutes or until broccoli is just tender. Pour in eggs and season with salt and pepper. Gently use a spatula to ease the egg off the base of the pan as it cooks, then continue to cook on low heat for a further 12 minutes or until set.
- Invert tortilla onto a plate and slide back into the pan, bottom-side up, (which is more Spanish), or don’t invert the tortilla and place the frying pan under the grill on high and cook for 2 minutes or until the egg is just set.
- Cool, remove tortilla from the pan and cut into wedges to serve.