Take your next baked sweet potatoes to a new level with this delicious stuffing of prawns and salsa. They are perfect as a snack on their own or as a side dish with our Blackened Snapper
Prawn Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 250 g each)
- ¼ cup pork or turkey kielbasa, finely diced
- 12 medium prawns, peeled, deveined, and chopped finely
- ¼ cup salsa (see recipes)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and arrange on paper towels. Microwave on high 8 minutes; turn potatoes over after 4 minutes.
- Lightly brown the kielbasa in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prawns; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa.
- Slit each sweet potato lengthwise. Push ends inward to form a pocket.
- Stuff shrimp mixture into each.
- Dollop each sweet potato with ½ tablespoon sour cream; sprinkle each with a teaspoon of coriander.