BBQ'd Capsicum with Goat Cheese and Sautéed Corn
Roasting a capsicum on the grill is easy and you get great results. Grill, steam, and peel the capsicums ahead if you like then arrange in baking dish and gently reheat before serving. Choose large, blocky capsicums to get the best results from this recipe.
- 4 yellow capsicums (or orange capsicums)
- 115 g fresh goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- finely chopped fresh chives or parsley, for garnish
For sautéed corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter (use unsalted, if preferred)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic ( 1 - 2 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or coriander if preferred)
- Heat grill to high (no need to preheat).
- Put capsicums directly on grate, and cook 10 to 20 minutes, or until blackened in places, turning every few minutes.
- Transfer to bowl, cover with foil, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel capsicums over bowl to catch juices; discard skin.
- Cut in half, leaving stems on, and arrange cut side up in baking dish.
- Mix goat cheese with 2 tablespoon reserved capsicum juices in small bowl.
- Divide goat cheese mixture among capsicum halves. (Don’t worry if the capsicum halves are a bit misshapen.)
- Refrigerate if working ahead. Remove from fridge 1 hour before serving.
To make sautéed corn
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and ½ teaspoon salt (if using), cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium, and sauté 4 minutes more.
- Add butter, corn, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt (if using). Cook 5 minutes, or until corn is glistening but still firm.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Warm capsicum halves in oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove when warm and spoon sautéed corn into each half. Transfer to serving plates.
- Spoon any remaining corn over and around capsicum. Garnish with chives.