This Emirati Bulgur and Lentil Salad is a quick, easy, and healthy side dish to make any time of the year
Bulgur and Lentil Salad
Author: The Cook
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ small green capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Place lentils in a saucepan with 2 cups water over medium heat. Partially cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place bulgur in a bowl, cover with 2 cups boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes. Drain and add to lentils.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add garlic and remaining ingredients to lentil mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine and serve.