This is a great side dish as an alternative to coleslaw to compliment any meal.
Cabbage and Avocado Salad
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and diced
- ¼ white cabbage, shredded very thinly
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ¼ bunch coriander, torn to small pieces
- ¼ bunch mint, torn to small pieces
- juice of ½ lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the cabbage as thinly as possible and set aside.
- Dice the avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum into 1 cm cubes and place into a bowl
- Add in the cabbage, torn mint leaves, and the coriander leaves.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture, drizzle with olive oil and add vinegar
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and mix together well.