All the trimmings and flavours of fried rice – without the rice. This low-carb side dish is a healthy alternative to your favourite takeaway-style fried rice.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it's in small pieces and looks like rice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; add cauliflower, peas and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper, mix well.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray, add eggs and scramble until light and fluffy. Stir eggs into cauliflower until well combined.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in chopped spring onions and serve.