Serve up this creamy quick dish for a last minute dinner party and impress veggie friends or have it as a hearty meal for the family.
Creamy Courgette Lasagne
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 9 dried lasagne sheets
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700g courgettes (about 6), coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g tub ricotta
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 350g jar tomato sauce for pasta
- Heat oven to 220°C. Put a pan of water on to boil, then cook the lasagne sheets for about 5 minutes until softened, but not cooked through. Rinse in cold water, then drizzle with a little oil to stop them sticking together.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion. After 3 minutes, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until the courgette has softened and turned bright green. Stir in ⅔ of both the ricotta and the cheddar, then season to taste. Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 minutes on High until hot.
- In a large baking dish, layer up the lasagne, starting with half the courgette mix, then pasta, then tomato sauce. Repeat, top with blobs of the remaining ricotta, then scatter with the rest of the cheddar. Bake on the top shelf for about 10 minutes until the pasta is tender and the cheese is golden.