Homemade soups don’t have to be fussy and tedious to make and this one puts together fresh mushrooms and fresh milk with minimum preparation and maximum flavour.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6 servings
- 225 g fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock, dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water (or 2 cups chicken broth)
- 60 g butter
- 2¼ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups whole milk
- In a medium saucepan combine mushrooms, onion, stock cubes and water (or chicken broth). Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan and blend in flour, salt and poultry seasoning. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until smoothly thickened and mixture comes to the boil. Stir in mushroom mixture, undrained. Serve hot.