Curly Kale Slaw
A nontraditional take on coleslaw, this salad has thinly sliced kale tossed with crunchy capsicum and carrot slices. The salad is finished with a salty peanut dressing and adds a fresh, vibrant note to your barbecue salads.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Slaw
- 2 large bunches curly kale, centre ribs discarded, very thinly sliced crosswise (about 10 cups)
- 1 yellow, orange, or red capsicum
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, extra, coarsely chopped for garnish
- Toss the sliced kale, capsicum, and carrots in a large bowl.
- Puree the vegetable oil, cider vinegar, salted peanuts, light-brown sugar, and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Pour dressing over vegetables just before serving. Sprinkle with ¼ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped.