A deliciously healthy combination of cooked quinoa and fresh fruit and vegetables. This salad is easy to put together and packed with flavour and texture.
For the salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large mangoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- ¼ - ½ cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped (or to taste)
- 1½ cups shelled edamame
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
For the dressing
- juice of 3 limes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh limes, for garnish
- In a large bowl add all of the salad ingredients and mix thoroughly
- In a small bowl add all of the dressing ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss very well to incorporate the dressing.
- Serve immediately (if using at a later time refrigerate separately and combine dressing and salad just prior to serving)
For another dressing option try our Bolivian Coriander Dressing