Whether you call it a frittata, omelette, or crustless quiche this combination of pumpkin, halloumi cheese, and fresh red chillies is a tasty treat for any occasion. Have it hot straight from the oven or cold with a salad later on.
Spicy Pumpkin Frittata
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 175 g halloumi cheese, sliced
- 500 g pumpkin, diced
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ - ½ cup mint, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then cook the pumpkin for about 10 minutes, until soft and starting to colour.
- Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over the vinegar, then put the halloumi back into the pan, scatter over the mint and pour on the eggs. Cook for 5 minutes until the base is set.
- Heat the grill to high. Cook the omelette under the grill for 5 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve cold with a salad.