This simple soup makes the most of Spring veg and will become a favourite standby for a quick lunch or supper.
- 200g mixed green vegetables (we used asparagus, broad beans and spring onions)
- 700ml hot vegetable stock
- 140g cooked pasta (spaghetti works well, chopped into small pieces)
- 215g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons green pesto
- Place the green vegetables in a medium-size saucepan, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta, beans and 1 tablespoon of pesto. Warm through, then ladle into bowls and top each with another drizzle of pesto.