Healthy steamed broccoli tossed with a delicious buttery combination of panko crumbs, garlic and lemon.
Steamed Broccoli with Garlic Panko Crumbs
- 900 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- ¾ cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest of
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, for garnish
- fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Add water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cover. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Drain, pat dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For the garlic panko crumbs, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the panko crumbs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir thoroughly until blended and moist.
- Gently stir in the precooked broccoli florets and cook for about 2 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a serving platter and garnish with toasted almonds and parsley sprigs.