Enjoy the benefits of healthy steamed green vegetables with a delicious dressing blend of soy, honey, and sesame seeds. A very quick and easy to make sidedish.
Steamed Greens with Honey and Sesame Dressing
- 700 g spinach, baby bok choy, Chinese broccoli, or a combination of Asian Greens
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- Pour about 2 cm of water into a wok and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Put the greens into a bamboo steamer and cover. Put the steamer into the wok and steam the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until they are just tender.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by combining the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, oil, and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Put the cooked greens onto a serving platter, drizzle the dressing over them, and toss well to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.