Pecan nuts make a wonderful addition to the breadcrumb mix and buttermilk helps to keep the chicken lovely and moist. Serve these wonderful chicken breasts with a nice salad or coleslaw.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ground pecans
- ¾ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- pinch or 2 black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Combine buttermilk and egg in a shallow dish.
- Combine ground pecans, dry breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Place flour in a third shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour. Dip in buttermilk mixture; drain. Dredge chicken in pecan mixture.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle chicken with melted butter; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Serving size: 8 Calories: 548 Fat: 39g Saturated fat: 17g Unsaturated fat: 19g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 625mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 33g Cholesterol: 160mg
Subscribe to the best and only recipe newsletter you'll ever need - it's ad-free with new recipe ideas every Sunday.
Click Here to view an archive edition.