Jalapeño jelly is fantastic with cream cheese and crackers!
- 350g jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 175ml liquid pectin
- After removing stems and seeds from jalapeños, puree in food processor with 1 cup cider vinegar.
- Combine puree, additional 1 cup cider vinegar, and sugar in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin. Return to a rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Skim foam, if necessary, and stir in a few drops of food colouring, if desired.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leaving ½ cm headspace.