Sweet & juicy crisp apples pair nicely with ricotta in these flaky pastry squares. Add a dollop of whipped cream before serving for added decadence.
- 250 g ricotta
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 sheets puff pastry, cut into 4 squares each
- 2 pink lady apples, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apricot jam, warmed
- Combine ricotta, honey and spice. Divide between each pastry square. Placing in the centre of each.
- Top with thin slices of apple and brush with jam. Bake at 190ºC for 10-12 minutes until golden.