This easy dessert only takes 5 minutes to make! But don’t be deceived by its simplicity – the taste is so wonderfully sweet and exotic that you might find it addictive! A great way to use up leftover bananas, this banana lychee pudding is really more of what they would call a “dessert soup” in Asia and depending on the weather can be served warm or cold.
- 1 large ripe banana (or 2 small )
- 8 - 10 fresh lychees, peeled, or canned lychees (drained)
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- ¼ - ¼ cup loose (not packed) cup brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- pinch of salt
- Peel the bananas, then slice them in half lengthwise. Cut these lengths into smaller sections - roughly 5 cm long.
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan or pot, and place over medium-high heat. Add the sugar, stirring to dissolve (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Start by adding ¼ cup sugar, taste-testing for sweetness. If you'd like it sweeter, add a little more.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Continue stirring until the bananas and lychees are warmed through (1-2 minutes).
- Serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator for later.