Urnebes is a salad characteristic of Serbian cuisine, originated in southern Serbia and is usually served as a side dish with barbecue. It should be very spicy, however you can adjust the quantities to suit your own taste.
- 450 g feta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1½ teaspoons sweet or hot paprika (or to taste)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Crush the feta with a fork into a puree.
- Stir in sour cream to combine thouroughly with the feta.
- Add crushed garlic, paprika, and chilli flakes. Mix well to combine. Garnish with additional paprika.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight (the flavours will combine and develop during that time.)