Peaches ‘n’ Cream is a simple, traditional and delicious summertime dessert and they also make the perfect muffin combination. But hey, wherever you live and whatever the season, Peaches and Cream are the perfect combination for a treat anytime.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk (see notes)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in the peaches.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups ⅔ full. Bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Canned peaches can be used instead of fresh peaches