Your privacy is important to The Taste of Aussie. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that The Taste of Aussie (https://aussietaste.recipes) collects, and the ways in which The Taste of Aussie uses that personal information.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Some pages of the The Taste of Aussie are collaboratively developed by its users using WordPress software. Anyone with Internet access (and not otherwise restricted from doing so) may edit the publicly editable pages of these sites as a registered user. By doing this, editors create a published document, and a public record of every word added, subtracted, or changed. This is a public act, and all contributions made to the The Taste of Aussie, and all publicly available information about those contributions, are copyrighted to The Taste of Aussie.
Personal information collection
The Taste of Aussie may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website;
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website ;
- information about transactions carried out over this website ;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services ;
- contact information including email address ;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers ; and
- any other information that you send to The Taste of Aussie.
Using personal information
The Taste of Aussie may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Where The Taste of Aussie discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, The Taste of Aussie may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Survey Data Collection
The record kept of your survey responses does not contain any identifying information about you unless a specific question in the survey has asked for this. If you have responded to a survey that used an identifying token to allow you to access the survey, you can rest assured that the identifying token is not kept with your responses. It is managed in a separate database, and will only be updated to indicate that you have (or haven’t) completed this survey. There is no way of matching identification tokens with survey responses in this survey.
Securing your data
The Taste of Aussie will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes. This version was updated on 23 September 2016.
This website contains links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
Please refer to the disclaimer page.